Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Paintings from the past



Well here is one of the paintings I said I was working on last time. This character is one that I've been drawings for at least the past 10 years. When I entered art school I stopped drawing her for a long time; mainly because my style was going through a lot of change and I was rediscovering myself as an artist. Now that she's reemerged and in my new drawing style, I find that I really enjoy drawing her again. I wonder if the other characters from my childhood will go through a similar transformation.

This painting is meant to represent a rebirth for this character who is essentially myself. I used to have a story that I planned on writing when I was younger, but it faded away when I let life get in the way. My husband tells me that you shouldn't keep yourself from dreaming, but is there any room for dreaming anymore in this world?